Saturday, August 15, 2009

Chicken in Italian Sauce

When my son got to around 10 he loved chicken wings cooked this way I made my own sauce back then and I had to add heaps of mushrooms, I often served it with rice
For smaller children use chicken with no bones and don't bother with the garlic.
I figure around 4 was when my son started on this dish.
Expect the meal to be messy though.



¼ Cup oil
S/P
6 chicken pieces
1 clove garlic (only if your child likes garlic)
1 onion
1 small or capsicum
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 bottle of Italian sauce
Chicken stock cube
Small amount of flour

Dust chicken in some flour
Heat oil in a pan and brown chicken on both sides remove from pan place onion garlic, capsicum in pan and fry gently add mushrooms last and fry till lightly golden brown
Add cooked vegetables and chicken to a casserole dish and top with a the Italian sauce
Bake for 1 hr
You can serve it with rice

No comments:

Post a Comment